[Coco] [Color Computer] [coco] Shell Scripts

George's Coco Address yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Mon Jan 1 17:04:22 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: George

> I'm working on a shell script to speed things up a bit with some stuff I'm
> doing between my coco and this PC. (OS-9 L2 and shell+ 2.1)
>
> The problem  is with "uloadx" from the OS9 LII BBS package.
>
> When I use uloadx from a command line on the coco(through the RS232 port,
> /t2), it works fine. However, when I write a shell script to do the same
> thing, HyperTerminal and the coco don't seem to talk together properly.
>
> HyperTerminal times out and gives up trying to send the file and the coco
> just sits there waiting for the upload.
>
> Here's the shell script..
>
> tmode -pause
> chd /h0/html/www
> del stockcount.txt
> del inventory.lzh
> uloadx stockcount.txt
> makeinventory
> lha a -z inventory.lzh inventory/*
> dloadx inventory.lzh
> tmode pause

 Okay. Here's what I've found....

This is the revised shell script with -- notes in this email:

tmode -pause                          ---- doesn't work. I'm sure if I used
Xmode /t2 -pause it would work
chd /h0/html/www                 ---- does work
del stockcount.txt                  ---- does work
del inventory.lzh                    ---- does work
uloadx stockcount.txt <>>> /t2  ---- does work
makeinventory                       ---- B09 program does work
lha a -z inventory.lzh inventory/* <>>> /t2   ---- does work
dloadx inventory.lzh <>>> /t2      ----does work
tmode pause                          ---- don't know because the -pause
didn't work

 Now, I thought that OS9 would automatically use the current window/terminal
as the default for I/O. It seems that sometimes, I have to force it to use
the terminal I'm in.
 This isn't good, because I'm not always on /T2. I also use /T1 and /T3
(using a 6551 ACIA chips on each).

 Any ideas?

George