[Coco] A little help with DriveWire

Marcus Vinicius Garrett Chiado marcus.chiado at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 09:00:10 EST 2007

Dear CoCo friends,

I´m gonna receive my first CoCo 3 computer ever in about two weeks, so I am
a complete newbie in terms of any CoCo machine.

I also bought the DriveWire with that EPROM installed into the disk drive
interface. I´ve got the following questions so far (I am sure there wil be
more coming!):

1) What kind of image files could I make available with DriveWire to my
CoCo?

2) Would I just need to load the image under DriveWire and then power on my
CoCo in order to load it?

3) Are there games that run "directly", I mean, without the need of typing
DOS command lines? Like, for instance, Karateka (Apple II) and The Goonies
(Atari)? - not these games, only the way they run.

4) Does the "file" games (more than 1 game per disk side) run mostly under
DOS or OS-9?

5) I´d like to copy games to actual floppies. Are there special copiers to
copy protected games? Are there proteced games?

Sorry for these "dumb" questions, but the case is I´m a little lost here.

:-D

Thanks!

MARCUS VINICIUS GARRETT CHIADO
Editor da Jogos 80: http://www.revista-jogos80.cjb.net