[Coco] CoCo3.com Chat Party

Roger Taylor webmaster at coco3.com
Tue Jan 2 18:31:36 EST 2007

At 10:09 PM 12/31/2006, you wrote:
>Hi all:
>
>The counters seem to be down for the chat rooms, so they
>incorrectly show "0" but there are people in chat right
>now.  Drop in if you have a chance.
>
>Happy New Year.

It's always cool to actually SEE people hanging out on the site live,
so the New Year's Eve chat was fun, but I'm guilty of being so tired
past midnight that I passed smooth out in my captain's
chair.  :)  All day at Six Flags with the kids took a toll on me.

What I want to do is fix the meeting scheduler (it's got an e-mail
bug in it) and put in all the time zones by name and offset so you
can see in your own time when a meeting is planned.  This system
really never got used much in the past but it has a very good purpose
in letting anyone on the site announce and preplan a public gathering.

The bad room head-count counter was trying to read a Windows-ASCII
file instead of Linux after a careless upload of the chat
configuration file using the incorrect conversion.  It's fixed now,
but sometimes the front page of CoCo3.com shows a chatter or two
still lingering when they're not really in the room anymore, which is
a mystery bug at this time.  It's probably my PHP commands that are
trying to read past the end of the session data or something.

--
Roger Taylor