[Coco] RELIC Is Coming (was Re: [ON TOPIC] The Amsterdam Compiler Kit)

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Tue Feb 27 14:42:10 EST 2007

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:27:07 -0600, Joel Ewy <jcewy at swbell.net> wrote:

> Boisy, this looks really interesting.  I've recently started looking at
> BASIC09 again, and having fun with it.  What kind of subset is "Ragin'
> Basic"?  I'd love to see this work.  Keep us informed!
>
> JCE

OmniBasic is/was a commercial endeavor that was pretty close to BASIC09
(it was originally a basic compiler for OSK), that was cross-platform
between OSK, DOS, Windows and Linux. They were starting on a native
Windows only version again (I have a very early beta), but development of
that seems to have stopped. We use the cross platform version 2.1 here at
my work, and have since Omni-Basic for DOS 1.43, and early 1.2x versions
on OS-9000.
    Since work ran on a Coco 3 system for years (1989-~1997) using BASIC09,
it made porting over to DOS (and then Windows) much easier. There was a
brief sojourn into OS-9000 on a 386 system, but the peripheral support
wasn't there.
To see what I am talking about, check www.omnibasic.com

--
L. Curtis Boyle