[Coco] Free OS-9 Documentation!!!

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Sat Feb 24 18:45:04 EST 2007

At 06:38 PM 2/24/2007 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>What you may be running into is that the document contains some PDL-3.0
>functions (Postscript Description Language) extensions, and I guarantee
>your old version won't deal with it, and neither did xpdf until about 6
>months ago.  Now it all Just Works(TM), and its a free download, so why
>not update?

It's Adobe. Same reason you're running Linux, I'd guess. They managed to
ruin my favorite audio editor, and have pretty much wrecked what they
touched. When they took over Pagemaker, they ran two more versions and then
killed it. Where alternatives to Adobe are available, I always use them. To
my thinking, Microsoft is benign by comparison.

>Ghostview, (I don't have it installed even, but I do have kghostview,
>which another animal entirely) in fairly recent versions, doesn't do
>pdf's at all

Ghostscript reads PDFs and creates PDFs from Postscript. Most of the PDFs
on my music website are created in Ghostscript. How the Ghostview GUI deals
with the underpinnings doesn't interest me these days ... it works with the
nightmare output of Finale, and that's good enough for me.

In any case, neither of these are the problem with the document in
question. On-topic is good.

Dennis