[Coco] Using a NTSC Coco in the UK - my findings

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Thu Feb 22 09:08:25 EST 2007

Phill Harvey-Smith schrieb:

> If this is the case would it not be possible to build a replica of
> that circuit and drive it off the RGB port ?

Yeah, that would be possible. Have a look at the "PAL SUB PCB" in the
CoCo3 Service Manual on page 110 and on its schematic on page 126. You
can find a PDF version here:

http://trs-80.com/cgi-bin/down-manual-hw.pl?Color_Computer_3_Service_Manual_(19xx)(Tandy).zip

However, I recommend looking for an old video monitor with RGB input
(even one of the SCART iputs of your TV might accept RGB input (assuming
a proper cable), you should have a look at your TV's specs). A good
choice is the Commodore 1084S which was quite popular within the AMIGA
scene.

Regards, Torsten