[Coco] Using a NTSC Coco in the UK - my findings

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 08:15:06 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phill Harvey-Smith"
> Quoting Torsten Dittel <Torsten at Dittel.info>:

> I keep wondering about replacing the NTSC coco3 rom with a PAL image,
> but I'm also hesitating due to the problems I had getting the CPU out,
> i don't really want to damage the board anymore :(
 Phil, rather than un-solder the ROM, why don't you just lift the
chip-enable pin (not sure which that is, check the schematics), and solder a
socket to the top of the existing ROM, and insert the replacement ROM into
that? This would remove the possibility of damaging the motherboard.

> Cheers,
>
> Phill.

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.