[Coco] Using a NTSC Coco in the UK - my findings

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Thu Feb 22 08:08:12 EST 2007

Bob Devries schrieb:

> The Aussie Coco3 had the problem with the badly socketted GIME right from
> day one. If I had a buck (0.602047 EURO) for every one I opened up and
> reseated the chip in, I'd be moderatley well off. Tandy actually started to
> supply the special clip to hold the GIME in place after that, and gave me a
> bunch of samples to fit to coco3's that came my way.

Was this the same for both the US made and Korea made versions? I have
both and the (newer, with GIME '87 instead of '86 and with a slightly
bigger TANDY logo) US version has better haptics (oops... who knows if
this word exists. I mean kind of "surface feel").

Regards,
Torsten