[Coco] Using a NTSC Coco in the UK - my findings

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 07:53:53 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Torsten Dittel" <Torsten at Dittel.info>

> I had the same probs with one shipped from Australia and after pressing
> gently(!) on the GIME it worked again. Looks like a contact problem of
> any of the socketed stuff (in your case it's more likely the 512K
> board).

Torsten,
The Aussie Coco3 had the problem with the badly socketted GIME right from
day one. If I had a buck (0.602047 EURO) for every one I opened up and
reseated the chip in, I'd be moderatley well off. Tandy actually started to
supply the special clip to hold the GIME in place after that, and gave me a
bunch of samples to fit to coco3's that came my way.

> Regards,
> Torsten

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.