[Coco] Wireless transmission power boost

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue Feb 20 20:47:53 EST 2007

At 05:39 PM 2/20/2007, you wrote:
>On Tuesday 20 February 2007, Roger Taylor wrote:
> >At 02:20 PM 2/20/2007, you wrote:
> >>Gains for reception and transmission are the same.
> >
> >That's good to know.  I thought maybe the transmitting circuitry had
> >to put some UMMPH behind the sending power from within the wireless
> > device.
> >

>Nope, antenna gain, a byproduct of its directionality, is absolutely
>bi-directional unless there is something in the near field to absorb
>power.  Pringle cans are wunnerfull things when you need to reach several
>miles, the record being 39 miles I believe. A google search will spit out
>at least 50 designs based on the original pringle can idea.

I see this is called the Cantenna efforts.  Nice.  I'd like to see
the 39-mile version or anything over 10 miles.

It just proves that the more things change the more they stay the
same, as in the CD radio hayday.  On a good night you could hear lots
of Mexicans yik yakking away over the channels.  That was from North Louisiana.

--
Roger Taylor