[Coco] Step down transformer for use in UK / Use on TV in UK

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 15 10:01:23 EST 2007

Quoting Marcus Vinicius Garrett Chiado <marcus.chiado at gmail.com>:

> Hey, Steve! Congratulations for your CoCo 3. Mine may show up next
> week or the next.
>
> Here in Brazil I do the same (backwards!) with british computers since
> our voltage is 110 volts.

The other option, if you are compitent with a soldering iron, is to
remove the transformer, and modify the machine to run off a 12V DC
supply, this is what I did with my CoCo3, as it came as just a bare
board and keyboard.

There are instructions on one of the CoCo sites for doing this which
are pretty easy to follow.

Cheers.

Phill.