[Coco] Questions about the Coco3 GIME Timer

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Feb 13 18:47:12 EST 2007

On Tuesday 13 February 2007, John Kowalski wrote:
>At 10:27 AM 13/02/2007 -0500, Robert Gault wrote:
>>  What I have not determined is when the new 12-bit value becomes
>>effective if only $FF95 is changed. Is the change immediate or does it
>>take place on the next count down.
>
>>From what I've seen, only writes to $ff94 cause the timer to immediately
>reload with the $ff94/$ff95 values.
>When you write to $ff95, the timer will only reload with the new values
> when it counts down to zero and retriggers.

Do you recall the tick resolution of this timer, John?  If its not in 16ms
increments, but finer, as in hsync or even Eclocks, this would be a great
way for George to get some higher speeds out of his coco while driving
the steppers.  But of course there is only one timer, and there are at
least 3 axis's to independently control.  So it looks as if that's ruled
out.  Darn.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)