[Coco] [Color Computer] CoCoFEST!

Leon Howell puritan_2076 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 13 13:39:20 EST 2007

> Did I mention the Commodore show took place in Vegas?
> Let's see... Chicago or Vegas?  Real tough choice there.  If I could
> only afford to attend one it's a no brainer.

I know what you mean. Chicago may not be perfect, but almost *anything* is
better than American Gomorah, a.k.a. Vegas. If I could afford to attend a
hundred 8-bit computer fests and all of them were held in Vegas, I would
boycott them all.

Any CoCo dealer who would show up for a fest in that city doesn't deserve to
be in business.

It doesn't suprise me that the Commodore show was held there. Have you ever
read comp.sys.cbm? It seems like there's always a flamewar going on there, or
some other argument. No matter who started it, I always get the idea almost
half the Commodore community is a bunch of foul mouthed (foul keyboarded?)
pigs. The CoCo comunity, like the Atari, Timex-Sinclair, and most of
Commodore, has always been more civilized than that, and we don't need to
lower our moral standards and associate with Vegas scum.

I would love to be able to go to a CoCo (or Atari or Commodore) fest, and
would like to encourage all parts of the 8-bit community to work together, but
mixing fests might lead to smaller fests for each kind of computer, and lead
to less support.  I suggest the we consider this idea very carefully.