[Coco] Gallery and Forums

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Feb 9 21:57:01 EST 2007

On Friday 09 February 2007 13:46, Benoit Bleau wrote:
>Roger Merchberger wrote:
>> Rumor has it that Gene Heskett may have mentioned these words:
>>>
>>> Is this an IIS server, or a linux boxen you're talking about?
>>
>> I wouldn't mind knowing as well - I've got a lot of experience with
>> Linux boxen and could help out if necessary; haven't really touched
>> IIS beyond feeling "dirty" and saying "Eeeew." ;-)
>
>Here are the headers from forums.coco3.com:
>
>    Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 18:43:56 GMT
>    Server: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_fastcgi/2.4.2
>mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_
>    bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2
>mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.
>    9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b
>
>So, this is an Apache server runing on a Unix server. The server does
>have FrontPage extensions, though.

I have a wee it of experience with FrontPage, as we've used it extensively
during election night coverage at the tv station.  Its quick, but its
dirty.  Most browsers can cope with its output, but we've tried many
times to get it to output web pages that will pass the W3C validation
test and failed.  The errors are so many one wonders just where might be
the best place to start fixing things, and in the end giving up.

There are several linux web page compositors, but I've virtually no
experience with them at all.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)