[Coco] CoCo3.com Forums Hacked Again

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Thu Feb 8 22:30:00 EST 2007

At 09:04 PM 2/8/2007, you wrote:
>Remember the kid who hacked in before? I bet he's at it again. Roger
>did something to shut him out, now that he's back on-line I bet he's
>getting back at him. Some kids!

I think this is from a different source.  It's documented on the
web.  I called my host and they want me to either download my forum
files and scan it using my virus software, or delete it all and
reupload my local files.  The database would remain unchanged, but if
it's in the database somewhere (the code that calls on the trojan
files) I will have to locate this as well.

They gave me the option to upgrade to PHP 5 but I'd have to migrate
to another server which would give us about a day of downtime on the
entire site.  I can live with this.  However, he suggests it is
probably the forum software with the vunerabilities and not
necessarily PHP itself.  We'll see.

I will reupload the entire forum system tonight and see how it
goes.  Temporary fixes do not make me happy, so plan B is next.

--
Roger Taylor