[Coco] Cubix and Coco3 - code snippet

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Feb 7 09:01:58 EST 2007

Gary Zwan wrote:
> Forgive me gents (and ladies?),
>
> Don't really know how to respond to the archive list so it stays in the
> thread.
>
> Here is a portion of the 'command.os' file from cubix:
>
> it lost some of the formatting between  Winderz notepad
> and  Xandros Kate(?).
>

><snip>
> Gary

The only item in that piece of code that is not identical to EDTASM
syntax is FCCZ.

All you need to do is change all FCCZ to FCC and then add a terminating
FCB. For example.

	FCCZ	'Formatting '
is the same as
	FCC	'Formatting '
	FCB	0

Now I may have guessed wrong on this as there is also a FCS pseudo-op
which adds $80 to the last character in an FCC string. But if this is
the only difference between Cubix source code syntax and EDTASM syntax,
this is a tempest in a teapot.