[Coco] CoCo TV

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Feb 11 20:27:44 EST 2007

If anyone is interested, I misburned three or four CoCo TV DVDs using
a wrong master copy today.  During my test burns last month I ended
up with a stack of test dual-layer discs at $3.33 a pop.  This was
after simulated burns and on-computer play tests.  I had to see them
play in normal DVD players to make sure things were ok, knowing I was
paying for my test runs out of pocket.

There's not a major difference which is why I don't mind selling
these few prerelease runs for the cost of the DVD + a buck
postage.  $3.33 + $1.00.  Dual-layer discs (8.5gb) where I buy them
are $10 per 3 so there's not really a lot of profit in the CoCo TV
project, since paying customers are going to get 2 or 3 discs in
their paid subscription, and with the cost of dual-layer discs, color
ink, jackets, mailers, etc. it all adds up to a break-even deal.

Reply to me and I'll give you the PayPal payment address.

Thanks

--
Roger Taylor