[Coco] [Color Computer] Co

broke_coco cralt at aol.com
Tue Feb 6 00:54:09 EST 2007

Hello I asked this back in 2005 and got no replys...

I have a CoCo 2 w/64K that I am trying to get back up to working
order. My old radioshack disk drive controller failed on me so I have
no floppy system now.

What I would like to be able to use my CoCo for again is just playing
some old games and maybe get back in to basic programing. Would having
JUST a CoCo and a SuperIDE allow me to copy stuff to a compact flash
card on a PC and then load them from BASIC on my CoCo2? Or do i need
to have a floppy drive to load the software/drivers then load the
software off the CompactFlash?

Thanks for your time.
-Chris

PS I emailed cloud9 and they replyed that I should get the thing that
lets me use a PC as a slave drive. This wont work because i dont have
a diskdrive for my CoCo and I dont have a DOS. And my PC doesnt run M$
crap. I run NetBSD on x86 and my other systems are OS X boxes. I cant
find a basic
floppy system that isnt 75% the cost of the cool SuperIDE thing...I
would rather bypass that whole setup and get with a HD setup. Any
ideas?