[Coco] Update on the Asimov awards, and an unknown CoCo clone

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Dec 30 09:00:35 EST 2007

At 10:12 PM 12/29/2007, you wrote:
>I've updated my CoCo site to show the 3 entries to the Asimov Awards.
>The deadline is close, but will be extended if someone asks for it.
>
>http://coco.sclaudia.net
>
>Also, I found a picture of a Brazilian clone, that looks like a
>standard CoCo 2 with different colors. Was that a real clone, or
>just a repainted one?
>
>http://coco.sclaudia.net/T_AND_T/things.html
>
>Diego

Diego,

Nice site.  I'm not sure about that computer since the picture is
dark and grainy.  Also, thanks for referencing coco3.com from the
banner, but it leads to chat.coco3.com which I thought I had
disabled.  Clicking the link leads to a chat-only page without the
site framework.  If you could, please change the link URL to
http://www.coco3.com.

As for the Asimov awards... as I mentioned in an earlier post, I
would submit something but I like the idea of letting newbies or
progressing programmers compete as it also helps motivate others to
bring us some new cool stuff to the CoCo.

I do have a new game coming out for 2008, probably in a week, but
there are details pending.  Also, not everyone can download a .dsk
image or .bin file and write their own floppy for their real
CoCo.  If someone among us has the resources and time to produce a
5.25" or 3.5" SSDD floppy on-demand for anybody requesting such, and
mail it to that customer using an economy mailer and postage, please
contact me and we can talk about fees.

I plan to announce this new CoCo 3 game in the CoCo Cafe tomorrow
night (New Years Eve) if I can get enough decent screenshots made of
the current work.  It's 90% complete with progress moving at the
speed of light.  :)