[Coco] Using a Commodore 1084S with the CoCo

theother_bob theother_bob at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 19 21:14:22 EST 2007

I have a 1084S that I made my own cable for, and I did not have to
 invert any signals. I used an old PC serial port cable (DB-9 to 10-pin
 IDC.)  Cut off the DB-9 connector and replace it with the opposite sex and
 a few feet of mini-coax or appropriate cabling. Picture quality is
 outstanding and the composite input means you can still see artifact colors
 if you want (yay!) Remember that the 1084S has analog and digital
 inputs (at least mine does), and the CoCo3 requires you to use the analog
 input, which should not have an "intensity" line.

Bob

*Correction*: ISTR the 1084S does not have a db9 connector but a 6-pin din socket, same as the CoCo joystick.