[Coco] [coco] Shell Scripts

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Dec 16 22:39:12 EST 2007

On Sunday 16 December 2007, George Ramsower wrote:
>I've been trying to get a few OS9 commands to run in a shell script and have
>found a few problems....
>
>One problem I'm having is trying to delete a directory.. I created a
>directory just for this example.
>
>Here's the result of a simple, one line shell script which reads as
>follows..
>
>OS9[T2]:list cmds/testdelete
>deldir /h0/test

is there a cr on the end of that line?

>Here's the result..
>
>OS9[T2]:testdelete
>
>Deleting directory file.
>List directory, delete directory, or quit ? (l/d/q) ERROR #211

211 is "End of File"

>OS9[T2]:
>
>So, I tried these combinations :
>
>deldir d  /h0/test
>deldir /h0/test d
>
>Nothing worked. They all three resulted in an ERROR #211
>
>>From a command line, it works as intended, of course. But I did have to
> choose the D option after starting it.

I suspect you may have to do this with two files, one containing the 'd', and
lets say you call it "dconfirm" and its located in /h0's root.

So then you might do:
OS9[T2]:deldir /h0/test <./dconfirm
which would redirect that d into the deldir command.

Does that work?  Somewhere I saw a similar setup where the redirected file
contained:

for every place where the parent script it was being sourced to needed a y/n
answer.

I think one could do this in the dconfirm file too:

etc, and it should list it, then delete it.