[Coco] Coco "Flash2" cartridge progress

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Wed Dec 5 08:32:11 EST 2007

Hi,

The CPLDs *finally* arrived from Digikey yesterday - had to ship them to
Spain where my mother could bring them back to Australia...

Some bad news: I got the pinouts wrong for both the reset button and the LDO
regulator. The reset button should be a reasonably "neat" patch but the LDO
is another matter...

The good news is that the CPLD is operational - I can program it via JTAG
and the registers appear to work. I can at least read/write the bank
register and also set "stealth" mode in the control register.

Next step is to code the "magic" for the flash programming. That'll be
interesting because I'll be debugging my PCB design, my assembly skills and
the CPLD code all at once!

Regards,