[Coco] !!A simple method for having both a term32 and using windows!!

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Mon Aug 27 04:16:25 EDT 2007

>Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 02:56:18 -0400
>From: Robert Gault <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net>

>When you boot into a term32 screen, the system subsequently can't find
>the required contiguous pages in memory to get grfdrv up and running in
>order to use any windows. This is not an issue when you boot into a
>term40 or term80 screen. It is also not an issue using NitrOS-9 6309
>Level2 because grfdrv is smaller than $2000 bytes.

Oh wow!  I bet this was a headache to figure out.  After looking
through the source for covdg I could only think that this problem was
from a 6309 offset into system memory that wasn't getting properly
conditioned out.

grfdrv is deep magic indeed.  I'm not an expert with assembly, and I
know little of graphics programming.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA