[Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 49, Issue 39

Stephen Castello zootzoot at cfl.rr.com
Thu Aug 16 20:22:49 EDT 2007

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 20:08:15 -0400, "Paul Fitch"
<pfitchjr at bellsouth.net> had a flock of green cheek conures squawk
out:

>> >ERRORLOG FOLLOWS:
>> >
>> >*** "/DD/DEFS/termcap.h" <Line #4>   #include error - bad
>> file name ***
>> >#include <termcap.h>
>> >         ^
>> >
>> >*** "curses.h" <Line #9>   Warning - Improper redefinition ***
>> ># define FALSE ( 0 )
>> >        ^
>>
>> One fix is to surround that define with a #ifndef #endif to
>> keep from redefining it.
>>
>> The rest of the errors may be caused by the that one, since
>> the compiler isn't all that smart.
>>
>> Stephen
>>

>I'll try that.  But why is it putting all that white space in between
>everything?
>
>This line
>w_opts . _sgm . _sgs . _sgs_echo = 0 ;
>Should be
>w_opts._sgm._sgs._sgs_echo = 0;
>
>Now I know that K&R C ignores white space, but when it gets placed inside
>variables, then that one variable becomes 4 seperated by periods, which C
>definitely doesn't like.
>
>And pointers aren't when *yp gets changed into * yp.

I don't know why the white space is added, it may be just the way the
compiler parses the line.  I've never paid that much attention to the
formatting of the error output.

Also, you should change the digest's subject line when you use it to
post. :-)

Stephen