[Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 49, Issue 39

Paul Fitch pfitchjr at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 16 20:08:15 EDT 2007

> >ERRORLOG FOLLOWS:
> >
> >*** "/DD/DEFS/termcap.h" <Line #4>   #include error - bad
> file name ***
> >#include <termcap.h>
> >         ^
> >
> >*** "curses.h" <Line #9>   Warning - Improper redefinition ***
> ># define FALSE ( 0 )
> >        ^
>
> One fix is to surround that define with a #ifndef #endif to
> keep from redefining it.
>
> The rest of the errors may be caused by the that one, since
> the compiler isn't all that smart.
>
> Stephen

I'll try that.  But why is it putting all that white space in between
everything?

This line
w_opts . _sgm . _sgs . _sgs_echo = 0 ;
Should be
w_opts._sgm._sgs._sgs_echo = 0;

Now I know that K&R C ignores white space, but when it gets placed inside
variables, then that one variable becomes 4 seperated by periods, which C
definitely doesn't like.

And pointers aren't when *yp gets changed into * yp.