[Coco] What are some good starting points for a CoCo noob (me)?

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 11:09:19 EDT 2007

On 8/16/07, Ries, Rich (S&FS) <Rich.Ries at honeywell.com> wrote:
> Also, try to get a real CoCo -- there's something about having an
> honest-to-goodness real machine that an emulator cannot reproduce. I'd
> suggest starting out with the built-in BASIC, and see how far you can go
> with it before you try OS-9. You can also do some simple hardware mods
> with a real machine: there was one to bring the reset button to the
> front of the machine, and one to show (if I recollect) data flow on the
> serial line.

The excitement of completing a hardware mod, even a simple one, can
really drive you to learn more. So yes, get the real deal. I get much
more satisfaction than with the various emulators. Not that the
emulators don't have their place. They're just not quite the same.

--
Rod Barnhart aka Wintermute (http://www.nitemarecafe.com)