[Coco] What are some good starting points for a CoCo noob (me)?

Hex Star hexstar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 08:58:23 EDT 2007

On 8/16/07, Mark McDougall <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Speaking for myself, I'd find some aspect of the coco that particularly
> interests me and focus on that to start with. Games? Graphics?
> Programming? BASIC? OS-9? Pascal?

I am very interested in the CoCo itself, sorry I wasn't more specific in
what exactly I wanted to learn about. I just don't know very much about the
CoCo. I suppose what I'd like to learn is how to run a application/game, use
OS9 (seems like a very interesting OS whose programmability makes it
infinitely flexible...perhaps like linux), and how to do programming via
languages such as BASIC and eventually assembly. From reading the posts and
hearing about all the CoCo can do I would like to learn the above and go
from there...it's not just for the knowledge sake but for the fun of
learning to use another great vintage computer. Any pointers would be
great...obviously I can't expect there to be a "CoCo for Dummies" book but
are there any good reference books out there still? Any pointers would be
greatly appreciated, thanks! :)

I apologize for the misunderstanding, I simply meant that I have a genuine
interest in the CoCo and would like to learn how to use it and as a side it
also means that I'll be able to make genuine contributions to the list.