[Coco] [Fwd: Re: CoCo 3 FPGA? (Really long message)]

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Sun Aug 12 05:27:05 EDT 2007

jdaggett at gate.net wrote:

> The 68K also sparks some interests. From  his release notes for 2K7A it
> looks as if the major portion of th e 68K is now working and functional.

Yes, he worked with MikeJ from fpgaarcade.com apparently and the core is
pretty complete IIUC.

I had a very quick go at hooking it up to a preliminary implementation of an
arcade game called "Cabal" - quite possibly the simplest 68k-based arcade
machine in existence. My first attempt was some time ago before the latest
release - when Wolfgang told me I was better off waiting for 2K7A. The 2nd
attempt was shortly after the new release - it didn't work 1st go and I
haven't looked at it again since. It's quite possible the problem is in my
implementation and not the core...

I'd never heard of the MM/1 before a few months ago, when I saw mention of
it on this mailing list. The implementation would be almost trivial once we
have a working 68k core - except for the graphics chip by the looks of it...
interesting... if only there were 30hrs in a day... :(

Regards,