[Coco] OS9 Pascal

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Aug 10 17:25:25 EDT 2007

On Friday 10 August 2007, Willard Goosey wrote:
>>From: "Bob Devries" <devries.bob at gmail.com>
>>Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:41:06 +1000
>>
>>I'm getting errors when I use IDENT on these files:
>>
>>Pascal_Compiler
>>PascalT.PRUN
>>
>>"Incorrect module header"
>>Can someone check their copy and confirm whether I have a problem?
>
>You're probably good:  Those are p-code files, which have a small module
>defining them, followed by the raw pcode.  The CRC of the identifer
>module (length $18) is $5c2b50.  Running ident on these should give
>you the module info for a module PCODE, then a "Module header is
>incorrect" message.
>
>Since they aren't in proper OS-9 module format, the easiest way to
>make sure they're not corrupted is to try them.  If "hello world" will
>compile and translate, you're good. ;-)
>
>Willard

Humm, I know that an os9 executable starts with an $87CD, and that a c code
library module starts with a $62CD, but not what a PCODE module starts with
to identify itself as PCODE.  Is there a conventional integer assigned to
that case?

I'm thinking, just in case there is ever need for a vfy18.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)