[Coco] NOS9 VDG wcreate

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 7 20:07:14 EDT 2007

Chester A Patterson wrote:
> That's it exactly. The reason why I want a Term32.
> It would be great to be able to have 80col w1-7 as well under the same
> boot but it appears not to be.
>
> What I'm doing is setting up HDB-DOS partitions with different NOS9Boots
> in order to do say a Multivue boot, a normal boot (Term80/w1-7) and a
> game boot (Term32). I haven't even messed around with v1-7 (no idea how
> to use these) since I'm just getting my feet wet with NOS9 after over 12
> years away from my (now fairly mordernized) rig.

Contrary to the claims about the impossibility of booting to a term32
screen and then creating windows in NitrOS-9 version 3.2.6 I have just
done exactly that using the scripts from the 6309L2 80 track disk.

Here is what I did. I changed mb to use rel_32 and then changed
standard.bl so that the following relevant modules went into the os9boot
file:
CoWin.io in addition to CoVDG.io
term_vdg.dt
all of the W modules

In essence, there was very little changed in the two scripts. After
booting, all that was necessary was to
shell i=/w7&
to get a nice 80 column text window.