[Coco] Good full screen editor?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Aug 6 23:18:10 EDT 2007

On Monday 06 August 2007, Paul Fitch wrote:
>Ok, I'm trying to use Mike Sweets ED 3.1, but I'm not feeling the love.
>Half the time the buffer gets full before my source gets loaded.  The other
>half, it loads, but the copy buffer doesn't work.

TS-Edit, patched to become vi, has always worked well for me, and can be
launched with a #56k buffer on a coco3.

>I'm really not wanting to learn how to use the standard edit.
>
>In the 10 years I've been away, no one has written a usable full screen
>editor?  Even basic uSoft NOTEPAD has more functionality than I've seen so
>far under OS9.  I'm sure that line editors were all the rage in 1979, but we
>know better now.  Anyone?

VED by Bob Van Der Pohl, and XED both come to mind as being somewhat better,
Dynastar works well but handles large files at only 14k at a time which is a
PITA.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)