[Coco] Nitors9 Shell+ scripting

George's Coco Address yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Sun Aug 5 12:48:30 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Fitch"
> Robert, I made a new boot disk that that has the h0_dd as the /dd.  So the
> computer boots using the floppy image, then immediately begins using the
> HD
> for everything else.  I'm not using RGBDOS at this time, but I understand
> that when I choose to change, things will get more straight forward.
>
> I didn't add the code to the startup file, I just modified the starup file
> to iniz some extra windows and such, and there was a change to /dd/sys in
> there, prior to merging the fonts, patterns and pointer files.    Again, I
> didn't know why the -x and x were in the file in the first place, and
> couldn't find any documentation on it.  I did look at both the Level 2 and
> the Nitros9 docs and help files first before I asked anyone.

Paul,

 I'm doing pretty much the same thing on my main coco. However, I don't need
to tell OS9 to switch to the /DD. Maybe Nitros9 is different.
 The /DD in the OS9BOOT file is /h0.

The only thing on the floppy disk is the OS9Boot and in the CMDS directory
is GRFDRV. There is nothing else on the floppy.

 The startup file in the root directory on the hard drive is as follows..

display 1b 24 1b 20 2 0 0 50 18 0 2 2 1b 31 2 0
montype r
link shell
load runb watch shell.2
getclk
watchdog ^10 &
wcreate -z
/w1 -s=2 0 0 80 24 0 2 2
/w2 -s=2 0 0 80 24 0 2 2
/w3 -s=2 0 0 80 24 0 2 2
/w4 -s=2 0 0 80 24 0 2 2
/w5 -s=2 0 0 80 24 0 2 2
/w6 -s=2 0 0 80 24 0 2 2
shell i=/w1&
shell i=/w2&
shell i=/w3&
shell i=/w4&
shell i=/t2&
shell date t >+/h0/last_boot

OS-9 L2 automatically uses the /DD to find startup and all the other stuff
needed to make it work.
I'm using Shell+ v2.1 by by Ron Lommardo, circa 1988

I hope this may help.

George