[Coco] VCC emulator on laptop?

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Sat Aug 4 13:45:42 EDT 2007

Frank Swygert wrote:
> You guys have me considering trying VCC on my old HP Pentium 133
> laptop! I tried Vavasour's and the other emulator and couldn't get
> them to work well, but didn't try MESS. Anyone tried VCC? I think the
> main problem with the others was something strange about the video
> controller used in the HP (or was it drive controller?). It's old and
> has no USB port, unfortunately. Anyone tried this on a laptop, or an
> old Pentium (1) machine? Sounds like it's definitely the ticket for XP
> and Vista.

You're running Win2K or XP on a P-133 laptop?  I can see Win2K, maybe,
if the system has enough RAM.  I have some Compaq P-133 laptops that
sound like they may be similar to your HP.  One has 84M of RAM.  I am
running Win 98, Debian Linux, and Damn Small Linux on them.  VCC will
only run on Win2K or XP (or Vista, presumably), so I can't try it on one
of those laptops.  But I have run Jeff Vavasour's CoCo 3 emulator on
one.  I didn't have any problems with it.

JCE