[Coco] creating NitrOS9 boot disk

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 06:16:42 EDT 2007

Mark Marlette said:

> Bob-Generally NitrOS-9 likes to boot from DS drives so when SID=1
> make sure all boot modules are correct.
>
> Hopefully you are using the scripts to create the disks. ??

Mark, the boot loading isn't getting to the part where it loads the OS9Boot
file at all. It quits before that.

Yes, I am using the scripts to create the disk, but I also tried it the "old
fashioned" way, using os9gen and a file of boot module names.

If there's a bug in OS9Gen, then of course, neither way will work properly.

However, having said that,  I just tried to create an 80-track DS boot disk,
and that boots fine. WHY?

I *know* I have in the past created a single-sided boot disk with DS
descriptors so that I could migrate from singel-sided to double sided disks.
NitrOS9 should still be able to do this.

I'm beginning to suspect that OS9Gen is cauing this problem. I'll see if I
can get the newer version.

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.