[Coco] OT: drive recovery

Mike Pepe lamune at doki-doki.net
Fri Aug 3 22:49:24 EDT 2007

Arthur Flexser wrote:
> Marty comments...

Hi Marty!

Not to be pedantic, but hard drives aren't hermetically sealed (airtight)-

They have holes blocked off with filters to equalize the air pressure
inside the case. If not, when you took them on an airplane for example,
the case would balloon out!

I'm not sure if moisture can make it through the filter- my guess is
probably not- but by design, they're not definitely not sealed.

-Mike