[Coco] Need to know if I'm in safe waters here

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 08:51:02 EDT 2007

On 8/3/07, Brian Blake <random_rodder at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I'm sure the condensation from thawing, both inside and outside the HD would play havoc with the drive electronics, not to mention the platters and R/W heads inside...

Probably. Fairly recently I had a couple of drives with data I would
have liked to have saved, but wasn't worth taking to an expert. So I
tried a couple of the urban legends. Freezing one of the drives did
absolutely nothing to recover it, and probably lowered the chances of
success by a data recovery service, should I have decided to have gone
that route next. I'm sure this method worked for someone, once, a long
time ago. But the likelihood of repeated success with it is slim to
none.

--
Rod Barnhart aka Wintermute (http://www.nitemarecafe.com)