[Coco] Are there any CoCo BBS's out there?

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 08:03:37 EDT 2007

On 8/3/07, Mike Pepe <lamune at doki-doki.net> wrote:
> George's Coco Address wrote:
>
> Hey, that brings back memories. I hacked together an board with 8 2661
> chips and wrote software to emulate a Ddial system with a CoCo 3. It
> worked. Yes, the CoCo can handle more than one user. However the TCP to
> Serial port idea doesn't necessarily mean one can have "infinite" users
> on the CoCo- it would be one user per physical serial port.
>
> But, regardless, it was fun building a multiuser chat system out of a
> CoCo 3.

Any chance you still have that software floating around somewhere? ;)
I realize that the limitation is the number of physical ports, but
it's very nice to know that yes, the CoCo hardware can handle it. This
is definitely going on my list of projects for when I have spare time.
If I can rediscover what spare time is ;)

--
Rod Barnhart aka Wintermute (http://www.nitemarecafe.com)