[Coco] Are there any CoCo BBS's out there?

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 10:54:56 EDT 2007

On 8/2/07, Richard Ivey <rrivey at yahoo.com> wrote:
> In this age of packaged long distance, does anyone still run a CoCo BBS?  That would bring back some serious memories.  I'm considering buying a coco modem, but don't see the point of having it if it won't be used.

None that I'm aware of, but I'm considering putting one up, available
via telnet. If anyone has any software recommendations (I never did
learn OS/9, but I'm not afraid to learn), they'd be greatly
appreciated... Even though I modemed with my CoCo, I didn't actually
start BBSing until about 1990 or so.

I think I'm going to use a Lantronix UDS-10 or similar
RS-232<->ethernet adapter. What seems to be a bit unique about the
Lantronix is that it's capable of emulating a Hayes-compatible modem,
so it should be about as plug-n-play as setting up a BBS on a CoCo can
be. Other adapters may have the same capability, but Lantronix seems
to be the only one that advertises it.

--
Rod Barnhart aka Wintermute (http://www.nitemarecafe.com)