[Coco] named pipes

Paul Fitch pfitchjr at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 25 15:10:05 EDT 2007

> Message: 7
> Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 02:11:12 -0600
> From: Willard Goosey <goosey at virgo.sdc.org>
> Subject: [Coco] named pipesRe:  Coco Digest, Vol 49, Issue 49
> To: coco at maltedmedia.com
>
> >From: "Paul Fitch" <pfitchjr at bellsouth.net>
> >Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 18:49:31 -0400
> >

> >> Presumably, list < /pipe/BOB
> >>
> >Tried that several times.
>
> Well, then.  The only thing I can say is "Use the Source."
>
> After all, that's what I get told when I'm confused by NitrOS-9's
> behavior.
>
> Willard
> --
> Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
> Socorro, New Mexico, USA
> "I've never been to Contempt!  Isn't that somewhere in New Mexico?"
>    --- Yacko

> End of Coco Digest, Vol 49, Issue 50
> ************************************

I did get the assembly source, and it is commented, but theres no
"instuctions" in the source on how to use the named pipes.  You know how it
is, when you have been working on a project.  There are a set of shared
assumptions that don't get documented.

I've been thru the src, but I'm not an ASM person.  In places it looks as if
doing a DIR on /pipe is acceptable, and in others it looks like it isn't.
Unfortunately, I'm not the person to look at the src and say "this won't
work, because..."

In my case the SOURCE needs to be someone who actually knows whether or not
the pipes are broken.