[Coco] Compuserve archives

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat Aug 4 11:46:54 EDT 2007

It looks like my idea of writing a script that would add the old
Compuserve CoCo message areas to the coco3.com forums is going to
take too much time I need for other projects.

I'm probably going to hire a freelance programmer on a coder site I'm
a member of.  This means I would post my job, give a maximum
acceptable bid, and then sit back for (x) number of days waiting for
the bids to come in.  In this case, a PHP/MySQL/phpBB expert will be
needed.  On the coder site I'm a member of, there's lots of these
guys usually bidding real low to win, but I'm going to also consider
skill and proof of other jobs.

Before I go ahead with this, if there's anyone reading who believes
they can do this project, reply with your fee and the number of days
it will take.

Project: you'll take raw ASCII text files containing message headers
and content from the Compuserve forum archives, and insert each
thread and message into the appropriate subforum/category in a
PHP-Nuke forum system (like phpBB).  All topics will be Closed.  All
details need to be retained like the date posted, the author, the
time, the message being replied to, etc.

--
Roger Taylor