[Coco] Conversation with a Tiger Direct rep...

Brian Blake random_rodder at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 19:38:04 EDT 2007

So... I was setting up a commercial account for my company with Tiger Direct the other day. The rep they assigned to me, Todd,  is in NC, originally from my neck of the woods here in Florida. We got to talking about Florida in general, when the conversation got back to computers and he asked me how long I've been working with computers. I told him my first computer was a TRS-80 Color Computer, and I got it for my birthday in 1982. He mentioned had a TRS computer of some sort and I asked him to describe it and he said it was small and grey. I asked if it was a complete self contained system or if it plugged into a TV and had color, he said color. I told him I had several versions of it still and the little beastie had a decent following still. I gave him the address to CoCo3.com, told him about Glenside, Cloud9 and the mailing list.

He asked about the best way to get a CoCo again and I recommended eBay and Cloud9. He brought up the fact that hardware must be getting difficult to find. I told him that the biggest concern that a lot of us have is floppy controllers as most things have replacements via Cloud9, monitor adapters via Roy, and many in the CoCo community can throw other items together as needed. He said he was going to check it out, so, we may have another CoCoist come back home.

Later,

Brian