[Coco] OT: How much is a 6809 Gimix Computer worth?

Dave P. coconut at wormfood.org
Wed Aug 1 16:12:25 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 17:28 -0400, Roger Merchberger wrote:
> Keep me in mind as well if it goes on the auction block...

Roger, I had you in mind, because you were interested in the Gimix when
I mentioned it on the list about 2 years ago.

Yes, I will let the list know when it finally does go up for sale. This
is one of those rare computers that a lot of people know about, but
practically nobody owns one. I was excited when I rescued it. It would
have gone to the dump without my intervention. It used to be owned by
Dan Farnsworth, who is a really cool guy.

I hope whoever gets the Gimix, picks it up in person, because I do not
want to think about how much of a hassle it will be to pack and ship
this monster. Since I'm in sunny Florida, that may give someone an
excuse to go on 'vacation', since I'm only about an hour or so away from
Daytona Beach.

-Dave