[Coco] Fedora 6 DVD ISO

Manney mannslists at invigorated.org
Mon Apr 30 15:28:11 EDT 2007

John W. Linville wrote:

>> As I said in a previous post, I'd rather spend 30 - 45 minutes
>> downloading a CD, spend another 30 minutes (at the most!) to install
>> Linux, spend another 15 minutes upgrading (depending on how current the
>> release is), and then working for an hour or two sorting out what needs
>> to be installed for my needs and customization. To me that beats
>> spending 5 - 6 hours waiting for a DVD to download just to start the
>> process.
>
> You wrote a bigger restatement of the problem then I wrote in the
> original reply telling you the solution...

I tend to do that trying to either make the case or justify my actions /
words. :)

>> Note: Nothing about Debian / Ubuntu in this post. :)
>
> For a change... :-)

If I can't talk about the inner workings of the CoCo (which I can't!),
then I better start talking about something!

> Are you now or have you ever been a Debian or Ubuntu user?  Do you
> deny it?  Don't wait for the translation, answer me now!

Both. I've been a RedHat and Mandrake (or whatever it's called now)
user, too. But I probably didn't answer you quick enough.

> Stop beating your shoe on the table...

What else am I going to do with this shoe other than beat it and yell
that we are going to sink you economically? ;)

> :-) :-) :-) :-) (For the humor impaired...)
>
> This being a mailing list, not every direct reply to a post from you
> is specifically addressed only to you.  So, please don't take things
> too personally.

Nah, not too personally, but I did have to defend myself from this
untrue-in-my-case comment:

> Once again, the Ubuntoids (and other Deb-heads) seem to think they
> have a monopoly on all that is cool or useful in the Linux world...

Just because I think that other people could benefit from using Ubuntu
(specifically) doesn't mean that I think it has a monopoly on anything.

-M.