[Coco] Clean COCO DIN Connectors

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Apr 22 12:19:12 EDT 2007

On Sunday 22 April 2007, John T Chasteen wrote:
>I need some suggestions for cleaning the pins on DIN plugs
>
>Thanks
>
>John

They should be self-cleaning, John, by virtue of sufficient grip in the socket
to cut through the crud and make a connection.  I would go in beside each
contact in the female with a sewing pin, and attempt to increase the contact
pressure by a slight bend.  How you do it would depend on whether that socket
has the round contact, or the split leg variety.  The split leg is obvious,
the round pin needs to be wedged to close the opening where the two rolled
edges meet.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)