[Coco] Super Disk; was: Help floppy drive

PaulH96636 at aol.com PaulH96636 at aol.com
Fri Apr 13 17:08:14 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/13/2007 4:36:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
brucewcalkins at charter.net writes

[Rooting through my incomming computer junk pile I found a Parallel Port
Super Disk Drive, 120MB.  The Instalation Guide says "CAUTION Avoid  Laser
Beam".

Inside the case it appears that the drive has a IDE to Parallel  convererter
board.  The drive itself has the  IDE standard MA, SL  & CS jumpers.  Popping
the cover off reveals a single double head  set that looks a lot like a
double eliment floppy head  eliment.]

Try swapping a 120mb disk and 1.44mb disk to see if, as I had suspected,
there
is a head element swap to accommodate the two different media.  Maybe  there
is a laser in there as well...(?)        -ph