[Coco] Unpacked my CoCo Stuff

bradleyj2 at aol.com bradleyj2 at aol.com
Thu Apr 12 11:28:21 EDT 2007

I'll check it out...Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
To: coco at maltedmedia.com
Sent: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 8:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Coco] Unpacked my CoCo Stuff

BradleyJ2 at aol.com wrote:

> - It looks like a lot of cases have yellowed while in storage. What causes > this, and how do I get things almost white again? I know this has been > discussed before...But my memory isn't as good as it used to be.

There was a really good thread in (IIRC) comp.sys.apple2 newsgroup a few months back, with a link to a definitive article on it...

Oh, here...
<http://www.vintagecomputing.com/index.php/archives/189>

The short version is: caused by UV. You can't get things white again - at least without damaging the plastic (eg. taking off the top layer).

Regards,

-- | Mark McDougall | "Electrical Engineers do it