[Coco] CoCo Game "Construction Sets"

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Mon Apr 9 19:47:47 EDT 2007

I think the idea of an adventure designed is good, since I think I
could quickly write one once I'm set back up.  But, mine would be a
basic text game with pictures of the locations -- basing it on what I
did with the CoCoFest 1992 "adventure" we put out wayback when.  I
always did want to go on and make a full game out of it.

On Apr 9, 2007, at 6:53 PM, Dezorian wrote:
> I remember buying a program called "Arcade Factory" from a company (or

I like the idea of these things since it would let us, say, make a
"Mary Chased by Tornados" novelty game, or a special CoCoFest
souvenir game each year.  There are endless "running, jumping,
climbing" games that we still love to this day, but have most of the
same elements -- just different music, levels, and characters.

> Another package I remember buying was called "Sprite Basic", which
> added a

Joel Hegberg did that one, and he later was part of Sub-Etha Software
with me.  I never played with it, and I don't think we ever sold it
(I forget who did; I met Joel at their booth at the 1990 Atlanta
CoCoFest and the rest, as they say, is history).  But, it's a great
idea to look at what is there.  Perhaps that could be taken as a
basis and extend it using modern techniques we now know.

		-- Allen