[Coco] Rainbow on Disk

Mike Pepe lamune at doki-doki.net
Sat Sep 30 20:55:46 EDT 2006

John T Chasteen wrote:
> Folks I'm still working on the problem with the Rainbow on disk. I have a
> two drive arrangement.
> I haven't taken the cover off to see the make and model. So far I don't
> know if the drives are 35 or 40 tracks.
> I'm  using a Tandy color computer disk Drive FD 501 controller and have.
> a J&M controller available.
> I'm concerned about RS Basic on one side and OS9 on the other side.
> I wonder if copy II PC would copy a disk with one side RS Basic on one
> side and OS9 on the other?
> Are there any Peeks or Pokes that will  give me information I need?
>
> Thanks to all
>
> John

In order to be completely compatible with all CoCo systems, Rainbow on
disk is about as vanilla/lowest common denominator as you can get.

So, it's going to be 35 track single sided. The OS9 side should be the same.

Aside from flipping the source disk over to do the backups, DECB's
backup command couldn't care less about what's actually on the disk in
question as long as the sectors are all physically readable.

-Mike