[Coco] Attn Tim Linder (or anyone else who knows about the Diecom light gun adapter)

Brian Blake random_rodder at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 21 10:34:33 EDT 2006

Well, the obvious dumb question begs to be asked...

What would be involved in recreating that Diecom interface (i'm betting permission from Mr. Dies to start with...)? Briza, as well as a few others I'm sure, have got the Diecom games like Iron Forest (which is in fact, up for auction on eBay right now) that used this interface. I would be nice if we could get permission to duplicate this item...

Brian

tim lindner <tlindner at macmess.org> wrote: Brian Blake  wrote:

> Briza and I were talking tonight about the Sega phaser gun and its use on
> the Diecom games with their adapter. He said you may know what was
> special about it (if anything) over a standard Atari j/s adapter. Also,
> what would be involved in making it work with the Nintendo light gun as
> well?

The Sega Light Gun was not modified. Diecom create an interface box that
communicated with a stock Sega phaser light gun.

The Sega phaser used the same connector as the Atari Joystick, but the
signals were completely different.

I don't know about the internals of a Nintendo light gun to know if it
can be modified for use with the Diecom adaptor.

All you need to do is find instructions to modify the Nintendo light gun
to work with the Sega Master System, then it would work with the Diecom
adaptor.

--
tim lindner
tlindner at macmess.org                                              Bright