[Coco] Attn Tim Linder (or anyone else who knows about the Diecom light gun adapter)

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Thu Sep 21 01:00:53 EDT 2006

Brian Blake <random_rodder at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Briza and I were talking tonight about the Sega phaser gun and its use on
> the Diecom games with their adapter. He said you may know what was
> special about it (if anything) over a standard Atari j/s adapter. Also,
> what would be involved in making it work with the Nintendo light gun as
> well?

The Sega Light Gun was not modified. Diecom create an interface box that
communicated with a stock Sega phaser light gun.

The Sega phaser used the same connector as the Atari Joystick, but the
signals were completely different.

I don't know about the internals of a Nintendo light gun to know if it
can be modified for use with the Diecom adaptor.

All you need to do is find instructions to modify the Nintendo light gun
to work with the Sega Master System, then it would work with the Diecom
adaptor.

--
tim lindner
tlindner at macmess.org                                              Bright